It has been several months now since the opening of the second Freeway Interchange for Mount Barker and it is timely to have a quick look at its impact.
Key effects seem to be:
- Less traffic congestion in the Littlehampton main street during peak commute & school drop off & pick up times.
- Reduced accidents at the Old Princes Highway – Bald Hills Road intersection.
- Improved traffic flows on Bald Hills Road.
- Less congestion on Adelaide Road Mount Barker at peak times..
- Less traffic from the direction of Murray Bridge queuing at the initial Freeway Interchange as they tried to turn right across the flow of traffic.
- The section of Adelaide Road between Gawler Street & the entrance into Mount Barker is still congested during peak commute & school drop off & pick up times but this has been stabilised now.
Overall, the project was well planned, construction was handled professionally & on time and the resulting impact on traffic flows has been of benefit to Mount Barkers residents & visitors.